1. One of the lessons of baseball is, adversity can be overcome.
2. A book brimful of stories about people who overcome childhood adversities to achieve great things.
3. We visited both city and rural programmes and were struck by the amazing capacity of the people to overcome adversity, both natural disasters and the extremes of poverty.
4. Yet here she is on television telling us all how to manage our lives and formulating phrases about how best to overcome adversity.
5. Ames has overcome adversity before.
6. Americans, who are, after all, the ultimate arbiters in American politics, are drawn naturally to the figures who have overcome adversity.
7. And he knows something about overcoming adversity.
8. And they have overcome adversity, silenced critics and answered questions about their careers, or their characters.
9. Another inspiring saga of a great athlete willing herself to overcome adversity, yes?
10. As with entertaining, the key to overcoming adversity, she believes with all apparent sincerity, is to be yourself.