1. Bonds overcame early losses suffered when the dollar fell to a five-month low against the yen, raising concern Japanese investors will purchase fewer Treasury securities.
2. A narrow win in a large state usually gives a candidate all of its electors, and this can overcome larger losses in several smaller states with fewer electors.
3. After defeating Arizona State in overtime, overcoming the loss of Clancy and Turner and upsetting Arizona, what else could they do to top their current emotional high?
4. But even a confident Peete might not be enough for the Eagles to overcome the loss of six players to free agency.
5. But as UCLA showed in April without a certain point guard, talented teams have a way of overcoming the loss of a key player.
6. But last month, the carrier -- still struggling to overcome losses from the Northridge Earthquake -- agreed to settle its rebate and pull out of the legal action.
7. But Martinez is the biggest reason they were able to overcome the loss of Mo Vaughn to free agency and even be here to challenge the Indians.
8. But members of the Bay Area congressional delegation are hopeful they will be able to overcome the loss of leadership and redefine the coalition.
9. But there is nothing Shanahan can do to overcome the loss of Terrell Davis to a season-ending knee injury.
10. But was it enough to overcome the loss of Stewart?