1. At the beginning of each new paragraph she must summon her strength to overcome enormous resistances.
2. How can he overcome resistance to the idea in Congress?
3. Work is done by a system when the system exerts a force to overcome resistance.
4. Even when he could overcome their resistance, he could not trust his military and civilian bureaucracies to put his policies into operation in the manner that he desired.
5. It was ridiculous, but somehow she had never overcome a resistance to working with children.
6. An alternative to seeking new antibiotics is to develop drugs that help existing ones overcome resistance.
7. As for overcoming American resistance to British humor, some think that this obstacle may be overstated.
8. Auburn, meanwhile, on the heels of its television advertising campaign, received millions in new financing for next year, overcoming resistance by Republican Gov. Fob James.
9. Banks rarely pursue hostile takeover bids, since the target can easily delay the process, although pressure from investors or directors can overcome management resistance.
10. Beer said he had to overcome some resistance from administrators worried about possible liability if the sample was damaged.