1. Confidence was increasing that men, through foresight and effective action, could ameliorate their existence and even prolong their lives.
2. Suspicions will now be increased that the regiment has been penetrated by a network of loyalist paramilitary supporters and sympathisers.
3. And as fears increase that the oil strike could further disrupt Nigerian exports, oil prices have risen steadily in recent days.
4. And speculation increased that should the court rule against Gore and end the recounts, the vice president would choose to concede rather than appeal.
5. As a result, the chances increase that African disturbances will be torn apart by strong westerly winds before they complete their weeklong trek across the ocean.
6. As a result, the chances increase that African disturbances will be torn apart by strong westerly winds before they complete a weeklong journey across the ocean.
7. As its competitors have rushed to merge, speculation has increased that Lycos will have to find a merger or investment partner.
8. As the envelope got stretched, the chances increased that an innocent party would be identified to the public without a formal charge.
9. As the U.S. Supreme Court nears the end of its term, speculation is increasing that Chief Justice William Rehnquist may retire as early as this summer.
10. According to recent reports, chances are increasing that the Diamondbacks will be placed in the American League West.