1. A cold winter will increase oil consumption.
2. A new kitchen can increase the value of your home.
3. A smoker in the house will increase the variety and quantity of air pollutants considerably.
4. Aerobic exercise, such as jogging or cycling, will increase your fitness.
5. Airlines have increased their scrutiny of the size and amount of carry-on luggage.
6. All the companies surveyed have increased their intelligence-gathering budgets substantially in the past five years ....
7. Breeders can increase production by taking an egg away and putting it in an incubator to hatch.
8. Changing social values have increased the numbers of homosexual or unmarried households.
9. Cutting income tax will increase the supply of labour input, chiefly by attracting new workers into the labour force.
10. Data compression can increase the effective speed at which a connection operates by getting rid of redundant information.