1. A huge amount is raised for charity by the festival.
2. A number of analytical problems are raised by the rather stark polarization between these opposing views.
3. A number of important issues were raised at the conference.
4. He was raised in an orphanage.
5. Her body was raised to heaven upon her death, where it was reunited with her soul.
6. I was raised in upstate New York in a little town called Rome.
7. Jesse was raised in a large, dilapidated house on the East Side.
8. Kids today are raised on a constant diet of pop music and television.
9. One is raised primarily for the purpose of foie gras, the succulent swollen liver of the goose.
10. Several concerns were raised at the planning committee.