1. A considerable proportion of parenting is in the mundane details that women are raised to manage.
2. Assume also that a specific loan was raised to finance the building cost.
3. Money is being raised to build a new sports facility.
4. Taxes were raised to support the war effort.
5. The bridge can be raised to allow ships to pass under it.
6. Three arguments are often raised to counter the increasing tendency towards in-depth work.
7. Unfortunately, boom gave way to bust, and funds were never raised to replace most of the razed landmarks.
8. He was raised to have a strong sense of noblesse oblige.
9. Three other portfolios were also raised to full Cabinet status.