1. A connection was made to the stand pipe each time the portcullis end gates were raised.
2. A considerable proportion of parenting is in the mundane details that women are raised to manage.
3. A curate rode towards them on a bicycle and raised his flat hat as he passed the column of men.
4. A customer who wanted to raise more than ten pounds had first to agree terms and interest with the pawnshop-owner.
5. A few astronomers have raised doubts about this extrapolation from ordinary galaxies to all extragalactic objects.
6. A first step is to try to raise our own awareness of the issues involved in multicultural education generally.
7. A flushed and jolly character raises his glass among friends and family - how real, how reliable is that evidence?
8. A good manager raises expectations among employees.
9. A group of senior Spencer Stuart consultants raised with him the possibility of a sale to the consulting staff instead.
10. A huge amount is raised for charity by the festival.